Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree required; current enrollment in Master’s Program at CUC.
Experience Required: Playing experience required at the college level. Goalie playing/coaching experience preferred but not necessary.
Skills, Characteristics Required for Position:
- Ability to assist in administering NCAA Division III intercollegiate program, including recruiting, scheduling, budgeting, travel, and practice plans;
- Ability to coach, teach, and train student-athletes in skills and strategies specific to their sport to make them as competitive as possible;
- Ability to establish appropriate and effective mentoring relationships with student-athletes;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the stages of student-athlete development and importance of the mission statement of Concordia University Chicago;
- Ability to be a team player within the Athletic Department and Concordia University Chicago;
- Good judgement and problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning/professional development (i.e., presentations, workshops, regional and /or national conferences).
Special Working Conditions: Required to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Assist in analyzing performance and instruct athletes in skills, techniques, and strategies in preparation for competition and during contests.
- Assist in coordinating general administrative duties (including budgeting, game scheduling, travel plans, meeting request for information, and business procedures).
- Communicate with the athletic trainer, sports information director, facilities assignor, and department administrators as needed.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating of recruiting and scouting activities.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor and athletic department administration.
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
Secondary Duties: other duties assigned by supervisor and athletic department administration.
Interested individuals should apply through our website. Please include a cover letter, resume and references.