Assists the Head Coach in day-to-day operations of the College’s Athletic Team including, but not limited to, recruiting, scouting, academic support, NCAA compliance and general operations within NCAA rules. The Assistant Coach also assumes various administrative responsibilities.
1. Facilitate a good relationship between the Head Coach and team members.
2. Trains and develops team members in the sport’s skills, strategies, techniques and conditioning.
3. Assists the Head Coach in planning of practice sessions and developing game plans for competition.
4. Assists the Head Coach in academic related forms and processes.
5. Abides by all NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and Florida Southern College rules, policies and procedures with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
6. Promptly reports any suspected violation (including possible violations committed personally or by any other member of the athletics department staff, compliance related offices and staff, student athletes, or boosters) of NCAA, SSC or FSC Athletics rules to the Assistant AD for Compliance, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or Director of Athletics.
7. Active participant in the education and enforcement of NCAA Rules within the sport community.
8. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
9. Accurately completes all required or assigned NCAA, SSC, and FSC forms, reports, or required paperwork.
10. Works cooperatively with other athletics coaches and Florida Southern College Faculty/Staff.
11. Represent the program and Florida Southern College with sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism.
About our ideal candidate
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. Any coaching experience in a NCAA Division II level program is preferred.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing recruitment, eligibility and related functions is required.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
5. Organizational skills are required.
6. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.