Millersville University invites applicants for an Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach to assist Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach in performing any or all duties related to recruiting academically qualified student-athletes, scheduling, scouting, conditioning, advising student athletes in academic matters related to enrollment and educational progress, generating revenue and other assigned duties.
Report to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. Receive specific assignments from and assist the Head Coach in performing any or all of the duties listed below:
• Advise student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate athletic rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure compliance of such regulations.
• Develop and conduct pre-season, in-season and off-season training and conditioning programs for the team.
• Recruit student-athletes.
• Inform student-athletes of academic and other matters pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
• Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
• Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
• Cooperate with the University physicians and Athletic Trainers to ensure student-athletes receive proper medical and physical training services.
• Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competition.
• Attend all team practices and home and away contests.
• Monitor student-athlete academic performance and implement team, athletic department, and University measures to support their academic performance.
• Assume responsibility to student-athlete compliance with all applicable rules and regulations. Assist the Head Coach and the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics in resolving cases where a student-athlete violates an applicable regulation.
• Work with alumni student groups University administration and community groups to seek support for the team.
• Ensure student-athletes participation in NCAA CHAMPS/Life Skills programs.
• Assist the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics in fund-raising activities in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreements for non-faculty coaches.
• Submit monthly work schedules to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and comply with Schedule once approved.
• Attend appropriate Athletic departmental staff meetings.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; knowledge of NCAA Div. II rules; knowledge of strength, conditioning techniques; fundraising experience; Division II Recruiting experience; PSAC coaching or playing experience
Special Instructions to Applicants: Apply by October 10, 2018 for full consideration. Please complete a staff application and upload a resume and cover letter. You will also be required, as part of the application, to provide names and contact information for three professional references.