- To provide enthusiasm, direction and mentorship to the members of the women’s lacrosse program at Gardner-Webb University.
- To assist the Head Coach with the coaching and the administration of all aspects of the NCAA Division I lacrosse program and the Big South Conference.
- Promote an athletic program that is in harmony with the Christian philosophy of Gardner-Webb University.
- Provide instruction to lacrosse student-athletes on the fundamentals and strategies of lacrosse
- Assist in monitoring academic progress and performance of all lacrosse team members
- Assist in recruiting and retaining highly skilled student –athletes for the lacrosse team including; planning recruiting events; completing paperwork for unofficial and official visits; evaluating interested prospective student-athletes; identifying new talent by attending recruiting tournaments; responding to inquires of interest in the lacrosse program, conducting phone calls with prospective student-athletes
- Responsible for pregame preparations such as scouting reports, and film breakdown.
- Abides by the requirements of the IWLCA video exchange and works with our Sports Information Department to assure correct delivery of film.
- Assists with game management duties at home and away including; making travel arrangements, creating itineraries, coordinating meals
- Coordinates the facilities for team meetings, practices, games, and visiting team practices
- Supervises student managers, student coaches, and Volunteer Assistants
- Assist with the operation of clinics to promote the lacrosse program
- Candidate will be expected to adhere to university and department policies and procedures and abide by the provisions of the NCAA Division I, Big South Conference and Gardner-Webb University
- Promote the women’s lacrosse program through marketing tools such as social media (Twitter and Instagram)
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 1-2 years collegiate coaching experience.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Statement of Faith
Application Process: Please submit a letter of interest, statement of faith and resume with contact information for three references to Head Coach, Jillian Krick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for information: Jillian Krick, Head Coach, 110 South Main St. Boiling Springs NC 28017. Phone: (717) 364-8920 E-mail: email@example.com