Wofford is an NCAA Division I member with 19 teams competing in the Southern Conference. Wofford College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status.
Assist in management aspects of the women’s NCAA intercollegiate lacrosse program in accordance with institutional, NCAA Division I, and Conference bylaws and regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist in recruiting for the women’s lacrosse program, identifying and evaluating potential student-athletes and organizing their recruitment. Attend off-campus recruiting tournaments and camps as assigned by the head coach. Must be able to work with recruiting database.
• Assist in film breakdown
• Aid in organizing team travel and meals.
• Assist in practice preparation and on-field coaching
• Acts as a visible representative of the university - who acts in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution.
• Help create and run prospect days, recruiting events, etc.
• Consult with student-athlete as related to discipline, academic progress and personal growth
• Perform all other duties deemed necessary for this position and be able to work flexible work hours
• Bachelor’s degree
• Collegiate lacrosse experience
• Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, rules and regulations of athletic associations and conferences including eligibility, recruiting, and certification.
• Strong organizational, oral and written communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
Application Process: Please submit a letter of interest and resume with contact information for three references to Head Coach, Ceri Miller at Millercj1@wofford.edu
Contact for information: Ceri Miller, Head Coach, 429 North Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303. Phone: (864)597-4486 E-mail: email@example.com