The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the head coach in monitoring of the strength and conditioning programs
- Assist the head coach with on and off field coaching of the team, including practices planning and implementation, individual and team coaching, and other coaching duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with the academic support of current student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual academic monitoring and meetings, class checking and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with on and off campus recruiting activities, including prospect evaluation, database management, correspondences, phone calls and other duties.
- Provide input in the evaluation and improvement of our student-athletes.
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test.
- Assist the head coach with scouting opponents.
- Assist the head coach with planning all aspects of team travel within budgetary limitations.
- Assist the head coach with planning events for fundraising and other special functions within the framework of the overall athletic department fundraising and development program.
- Successful candidate must be committed to the academic success of student-athletes and be committed to their personal growth and social development.
- Additional duties can be assigned with discussions between the Head Coach, Athletic Director and the prospective successful candidate.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Krossover and/or video editing.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and regulations.