Essential Duties include:
1. Conduct all official practices and games:
- Conduct a challenging pre-season, traditional season and off-season practice & games schedules.
- Teach individual athletic game skills & teach individual and team game strategies.
- Scout athletic team opponents.
- Develop positive team dynamics.
- Manage team fundraising activities & manage team fund.
- Suggest team schedule changes & assist with team meal, travel and lodging requirements.
- Manage all administrative aspects of team travel trips.
- Maintain a competitive roster within NCAA squad size limits.
- Implement all NCAA, and athletic conference policies.
- Abide by College policies and mission.
- Maintain good public relations with community, alumnae/i, parents and public.
- Delegate responsibility to assistant staff appropriately.
- Develop and maintain mutual respect for colleagues within the department.
- Behave in a manner that reflects well on the institution.
- Support College, department, and colleagues’ efforts.
- Support and carry out department and college policy.
- Maintain open communication with department colleagues.
- Articulate and contribute to the goals of the college and department.
3. Program Management:
- Submit team budget proposal.
- Maintain equipment and uniform inventory.
- Be attentive to forms, entries, evaluations, and all program and department deadlines.
- Use proper judgment to assure the highest possible safety standards.
- Be knowledgeable of and implement all department, athletic conference and NCAA regulations.
4. Coordinate recruitment process of student athletes in accordance with NCAA bylaws & Simmons College standards.
- Attend Admissions open house and reception recruitment events.
- Contact recruits via multiple methods of communications throughout the recruitment process.
- Organize on campus overnight recruiting visits
- Scout summer camps and/or athletic events for high school athletes.
- Conduct soccer clinics and summer camp.
- Provide Student athletes with on campus student service resources
5. Conduct student retention efforts:
- Provide Student athletes with on campus student service resources.
- Conduct individual athlete meetings at least three times each season.
- Oversee student athlete academic eligibility; Complete team NCAA compliance process.
6. Athletic Administration secondary duties:
- Major Athletic Administration duties as assigned.
Manage (1) major Athletic Department Administration aspect (as assigned) such as team travel, officials assigning, Sports Center staff supervision, reservation and rental agreements, home game management, facilities upkeep, athletic team schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Collegiate athletic playing experience and success at college coaching experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to recruit academically qualified high caliber athletes.
- Extensive travel is required
- Be knowledgeable of and carry out all NCAA, GNAC, College, and department policies
Instructions to Applicants: Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
APPLY ONLINE: https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Residence-Campus---Boston-MA/Head-Lacrosse-Coach-Athletic-Administrator_R04218