Position Summary: The graduate assistant coach for women’s lacrosse will be responsible for all aspects of the lacrosse program under the direction of the head coach, such as monitoring academic progress, assisting with recruiting, training of squad members, and fundraising. The graduate assistant coach of the women’s lacrosse program is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by the University of Charleston, the Mountain East Conference (MEC) and the NCAA. This is a part-time, twelve-month position. UC is a member of the NCAA at the Division II level.
- Promote, monitor and facilitate student-athlete classroom success
- Recruit student-athletes that align with the mission of the university
- Teach scooping, throwing, catching, cradling, dodging and other designated skills in an effort to promote proper skill development and other related techniques
- Instruct the lacrosse team on offensive and defensive strategies and tactics
- Assist the head coach with generating additional funds for support of the program.
- Assist with the development of and the scheduling of practice sessions.
- Coordinate and instruct individuals on strength training and related fitness skills
- Represent the University of Charleston and the lacrosse program in a professional manner.
- Assist with statistics and scorekeeping of games at home competitions
- Generate articles for the www.ucgoldeneagles.com web page
- Educate different campus constituencies and community members on the core values associated with the lacrosse program and the athletic department
- Assist the head coach with establishing mentoring opportunities with both institutional and community groups for team members
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among the various athletic programs that UC sponsors
- Assist with game operations for all home women’s soccer games
Position is available beginning June, 2018.
Please send all applications to:
Head Women's Lacrosse Coach