Assists the head coach in operating an intercollegiate athletics program for student-athletes, with differing abilities and skills that pursues our complementary goals in Athletics of striving for athletic excellence and developing Christian character.
Position Summary: Assists the head coach in operating an intercollegiate athletics program for student-athletes, with differing abilities and skills that pursues our complementary goals in Athletics of striving for athletic excellence and developing Christian character.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach of Women’s Lacrosse, the graduate assistant will perform duties related to the athletic program serve as an active member of the coaching staff.
This is a two year, 20 hours/week, appointment not to exceed 800 hours/year.
Commitment runs from approx. August 4th – May 31st each of the two years.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree required; pursuing graduate degree in Higher Education Administration; current enrollment in Graduate Program in Higher Education at Messiah College.
Skills, Characteristics Required for Position: Excellent organizational, time management and independent thinking skills
• Ability and willingness to follow through with coaching student-athletes
• Demonstrated commitment to the whole success of the student-athlete
• Knowledge of lacrosse techniques necessary to coach all positions
• Excellent people skills and ability to motivate young women of varying educational, financial and cultural backgrounds
• Excellent verbal, listening, written, judgment and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills that reflect timeliness, the ability to prioritize projects and intentional follow up
• Christian character traits lived out in daily life, personal faith preferred
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
Primary Duties: Assist head coach in developing student-athletes to improve in their skill and execution.
Help plan spring break trip- hotels, flights, dinners, etc .
Help run clinics and camps.
Facilitate team book clubs and develop relationships with each student-athlete.
Help plan practice plans and run team practices.
Maintain consistent and reliable attendance at all practices and games and office hours.
Apply through this link: https://jobs.messiah.edu/postings/11877