The Department of Athletics & Recreation at Bucknell University is seeking applicants to join the staff as Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach. This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position. The Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach is responsible for working closely with the Head Coach on managing and administering phases of this varsity intercollegiate sport program. This position is part of the Department of Athletics and Recreation at Bucknell University, a member of the NCAA Division I (FCS in Football) and the Patriot League for 23 of 27 varsity sports. All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Perform assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program, as assigned by the Head Coach. This may include, but is not limited to, team travel arrangements, compliance administration, development of scouting reports, planning and execution of marketing and promotional activities, etc.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the Head Coach. Coordinate all recruiting activities in conjunction with the Head Coach and other appropriate departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
5. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
6. Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance, and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate, and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Work closely with the athletic training staff to insure the safety of all student-athletes.
8. Represent the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, and the general public.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Prior experience coaching or competing at the collegiate level
3. Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications
1. Proven integrity, leadership, and a thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
2. Strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified student-athletes
3. Prior experience coaching or competing, with success, at a comparable institution
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.