Lenoir-Rhyne University, a proud member of NCAA Division II and the South Atlantic Conference - located in beautiful Hickory, NC - seeks a full time Assistant Coach for its Women's Lacrosse program. Responsibilities as directed by head coach include, but are not limited to: instructing and teaching student-athletes fundamentals, technique, and strategy; assisting with recruiting activities in compliance with SAC, NCAA, and Lenoir-Rhyne University rules and regulations, assisting with all administrative and day to day program management and operation, monitoring of academic progress, and leadership and personal development of student athletes.
Description of Duties and Tasks:
• Assist with all on field coaching and player development; including planning and implementation of practice plans, scouting reports, and game plans as assigned by the head coach.
• Assist with recruitment of athletically talented and academically qualified student-athletes in support of the University’s mission and philosophy, and all NCAA rules and regulations.
• Conduct all program activities within NCAA, SAC, and Lenoir-Rhyne University rules and regulations.
• Assist with coordination of administrative operations such as travel, equipment orders, practice and competition scheduling, compliance submissions, and fundraising as directed by the head coach.
• Perform Scouting and film breakdown as assigned by head coach.
• Assist with home game operations as assigned by head coach and in conjunction with game day staff.
• Monitor and support Student-Athlete Academic Success and PTD as directed by head coach and in coordination with academic support services.
• Assist with organization and implementation of community service projects as directed.
• Assist with student-athlete leadership development
• Attend all Staff Meetings – University, department, and program related
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach.
Reporting: Reports to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach Salaried, exempt, full-time position
To Apply: To complete the online application process (required), candidates should use the application link below.
While completing the application process, candidates will be prompted to submit a Letter of Application and a Resume (including the names and addresses of three references). The application letter should discuss specifically how one’s professional experiences and perspectives relate to the needs of the position and of Lenoir-Rhyne University. (The University’s mission, vision, and values statements may be reviewed at: http://www.lr.edu/about) Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Any questions regarding the position or the search process should be submitted electronically to Carlee Buck, Head Women's Lacrosse Coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Collegiate level coaching experience required, preference for a minimum of 2 years collegiate coaching experience
• Collegiate playing experience preferred
• Knowledge and experience working with NCAA rules and regulations preferred
• Strong communication & leadership skills
• High level of character and integrity and a commitment to developing young people to their full potential in all aspects of their lives