ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the sport through excellence in coaching.
- In consultation with the Director of Athletics or designee:
- Select, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Manage sport budget.
- Market and promote sport program.
- Participate in athletic department major fundraising efforts.
- Develop a sport schedule.
- Responsible for adhering to and documenting compliance with the policies and regulations of the College, Department of Athletics, and NCAA; responsible for the orientation of student-athletes and boosters to these guidelines.
- Oversee the conduct and discipline of student-athletes.
- Plan and implement all practices and games.
- Meet team specific annual recruitment goal of student-athletes.
- Supervise pre-season and post-season conditioning.
- Maintain a regular on-campus presence year-round in which above duties are carried out.
- Maintain professional conduct.
- Uphold the values expected of a Notre Dame employee as outlined in the NDC employee handbook.
- Situation appropriate professional attire required at all times.
- Assist in Department of Athletics fundraising events.
- Abide by all compliance and regulatory expectations of the department, including but not limited to:
- Notre Dame College Athletics compliance.
- NCAA Division II bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Title IX.
- CLERY Act Regulations.
- Ensure that the program adheres to the rules and regulations of the Mountain East Conference.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for knowledge and implementation of NCAA rules and regulations in the areas of amateurism, eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, playing and practice seasons, and awards and benefits. Coaches are expected to fully cooperate and participate in compliance related policies and procedures, within the institution and NCAA guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree in Coaching, Sport/Athletic Management, Student Personnel Administration, Higher Education, Education, or other closely related field desired.
- 1 to 3 years experience in coaching and/or athletic administration.
- Budgeting, planning and computer skills.