Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting in all aspects of establishing and maintaining a successful Division III Women’s Lacrosse program and to support the development of student-athletes both in the classroom and on the field.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coaching within the Women’s Lacrosse program.
- Participate in the scouting of opponents via film analysis.
- Assist in designing game plans and strategies.
- Evaluate individual and team performance. Provide position specific training for athletes as needed.
- Screen and evaluate athletic qualifications of prospective recruits.
- Perform public relations and marketing activities to promote the Women’s Lacrosse program including social media, community service, and fundraising.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the team, university, and NCAA.
- Develop positive and professional relationships and maintain a high level of customer service with all constituents of Framingham State, the Department of Athletics, and the Women’s Lacrosse program.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and treat everyone with dignity and respect. Embody the “Student First” values of Framingham State.
- Preferred qualifications include experience in collegiate coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Skill in training and instructing student-athletes.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and develop solutions.
- To travel and work nontraditional hours.