In the role of part-time assistant coach, this person will provide support to the head coach in all aspects of administering and conducting a collegiate sports team program.
Duties and Responsibilities (in descending order of importance)
1. Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all College policies, NCAA Division III policies, and conference requirements.
2. Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in partnership with Admissions. Encourage applications from a diverse group and large geographic area.
3. Assist in executing an instructional practice and competitive game schedule based on an assessment of the student-athletes’ abilities including pre and post season and traditional and non-traditional seasons.
4. Function as a member of the Athletic Department working together for common objectives.
5. Stay current with the sport-specific developments in the profession
6. Other duties as assigned
Sports team season schedules:
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example — sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please contact Head Coach Molly Devilbiss via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply to this position. Please send a cover letter and resume along with 3 references.