Colgate University, an NCAA Division I member of the Patriot League Conference, invites applications for an Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach Position. This is a 12 month position with benefits.
Colgate Athletics Mission:
To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Values:
Thoughtful – Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
Driven – Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of a courageous goal
Enthusiastic – Passionate, positive, fun presence
Cohesive – Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
Bold – Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
Responsible for execution of specific strategic activities and outcomes within the assigned sport or area. These will include sustained performance and execution in the following areas:
• Adhere to Head Coach's philosophy
• Athletic instruction/coaching.
• Program operations and administration as designated by head coach
Responsible for oversight of all administrative operations regarding student-athlete development. These will include:
• Monitoring of student-athlete academic progress and well-being
• Ensure student-athlete participation in all assigned community service activities
Responsible for execution of all scouting, film preparation, and competition preparation. These will include:
• Video breakdown
• Use of appropriate video-editing software
• Coordination and oversight over film exchange program per conference policies
• Coordination of team film sessions
• Development of scouting reports
Responsible for overall team recruitment strategy:
• Exercises independent judgment regarding the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
• Decision-making authority to determine which individuals to recruit
• Decision-making authority in the allocation of scholarship allocations (as applicable)
• Attracting and evaluating prospective student-athletes
• Monitoring prospective student-athlete academic progress and well being
• Developing and maintaining relationships with prospective student-athletes and other recruiting constituents
Accountable for maintaining personal compliance with all relevant governing bodies to include:
• NCAA Specific conference
• Athletic department
• University policies
• Successful completion of annual NCAA recruiting exam
• Attendance at all required compliance educational meetings
• Successful on-time completion of all recruiting logs
Accountable for maintaining professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. To include:
• Newsletters and communication with alumni
• Team promotion and marketing to all constituents
• Communication strategy within the university and local community
• Independent and unchallenged decision-making regarding all student-athlete participation in assigned sports activities when the head coach is not present.
• Student-athlete welfare while coaching
• Exercises independent discretion on all purchases and budgetary decisions for the program.
• Hiring, oversight, and management of student managers and part-time casual wage staff.
Assistant Coach has independent discretion on all hiring and termination of student employees and part-time casual wage staff.
Candidates should have a minimum of one year of lacrosse college level coaching. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal), computer skills and knowledge and commitment to all University, League, and NCAA regulations. This is a twelve-month position with benefits.
Prior experience coaching women's lacrosse preferred, experience coaching or playing at the Division I level is desired.
Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred.
A current valid driver's license, in accordance with the University's Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Use Policy, is required.
Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within his or her realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules of which he or she is aware. Should a situation warrant further investigation, you have an affirmative obligation to cooperate fully in the infractions process, including the investigation and adjudication of a case. Without limiting remedies otherwise available to the university, if you are found to be in violation of any NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules, you may be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in relevant NCAA, league or conference disciplinary and/or enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repeated violations.