Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate and inspire student-athletes to excel in the classroom and on the field.
- Successfully research, scout, evaluate and contact prospective student-athletes while operating within the scope of the department, Big South Conference and NCAA regulations at all times.
- On campus, collaborate with other departments and university staff in designing comprehensive and positive official and unofficial visits.
- Coordinate in mailing and organizing recruiting communication while operating within the scope of the department, Big South Conference, and NCAA.
- Participates in the continued development and implementation of various camps.
- Assist in coordination of practice and game preparation and post practice analysis.
- Assist in developing and training players successfully tactically, technically, athletically, and mentally in a positive environment.
- Assist in creating scouting reports, post-game match analysis and pregame match preparation.
- Assist the strength and conditioning coach and head coach in sport science management and implementation.
- Attend all necessary meetings with student-athletes and personnel internally and externally on behalf of the university and program.
- Assist in administrative day to day functions of travel, equipment, and budgetary organization and implementation.
- Assist in all day to day functions including student-athlete management, student-athlete welfare management, and overall staff and program development.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of appropriate public relations, fund-raising and promotional activities as necessary.
- Assist the head coach in building and maintaining working relationships with coaches, administration, and staff on and off campus.
- Master’s Degree Preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-2 years of coaching experience.
- Experience competing as a lacrosse athlete.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to teach the game of women’s lacrosse at a high level within a professional setting.
- Familiarity with video editing and match analysis software.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions; ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Experience and skills working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours, including weekends and holidays; travel required.
Broad knowledge of Campbell University policies and procedures and FERPA guidelines.