SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Head Coach – Women’s Lacrosse
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervision of student personnel
CORE DUTIES -
- Assist the head coach in teaching skills and strategies for women’s lacrosse throughout the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Coach women’s lacrosse team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate appropriate game techniques
- Planning and directing team practices to encourage and develop student-athlete skills and game techniques
- Develop and recommend strategy, teach theoretical skills and position assignments
- Coordinate year-round instruction with players in accordance with University, Conference and NCAA bylaws and regulations
- Monitor and oversee the academic development of women’s lacrosse student-athletes, ensuring academic progress to graduation
- Create a positive and healthy team culture that encourages learning and development
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Bridgewater State University, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to all aspects of the team’s management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICAITONS -
- Bachelor’s degree required OR relevant coaching and/or playing experience
- Successful completion of the NCAA Division III Rules Test for Coaches by the 2nd full week of the playing and practice season
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration and community)
- Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. with appropriate accommodation
Questions or if interested, please contact Erica Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org